Saturday, June 21, 2008

Where did the week go?

What was I thinking when I thought I'd be able to sit down and post every day now that I didn't have to go to work? Summertime is here, and it is in full swing in our house! Now for all those of you who think that I don't have a real job since I get a nice amount of time off, well let me tell you, it's not really time off. True, I don't have to get up quite so early and I don't have to leave the house quite so soon, but with three kids excited to have me around, it's certainly not much of a break!!



Now don't misunderstand me and think I'm complaining; I'm not. We had a blast this week. It's just that there was very little downtime to consider it a "vacation."



So just what did we do? Well, we got season passes to Knott's Soak City, aka the Waterpark, and all the three kids and I had a great time there last Monday. Tuesday they learned a new vocabulary word: errand. And we topped it off at the library. Wednesday they got to spend some $$ at Toys R Us (that bought me a break for about an hour, during which I battled a sleepy 1-year-old who did not want to nap.) Thursday was back to the waterpark, this time without Sarah so we could have some "real fun." And Friday, lucky me, got to visit the dentist once again.

It was a busy week, and it left me asking myself, what do I really want to get out of this summer? I like not having structured lessons monopolozing all of our time, but I don't want to feel like I "wasted" my weeks. So I figured that what I really wanted was to
1) get closer with God. I really need to build myself a quiet time so that I can be more consistent and make this happen again.
2) I want to have some real dates with my husband.
3) I want to enjoy my kids.
4) I want to learn more about photography.
And 5) I want to use some time to work on my scrapbooks.

It sounds so simple, so that's what I want to make sure I do.

Oh, and here are some highlights of our week:
Posing before church.

And Sarah likes to "push" the recliner down and "pull" it back up.

And who can resist checking out what's under that chair?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you have two real full time jobs, I don't know how you do it.

My Dad laughs because every afternoon when he calls we are doing "errands", sounds like a nice week to start vacation.

I am digging deep to get closer to God, it can be hard when life gets so busy. I'll pray for you and you pray for me.

Here's the latest from our family.