Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dads



What does it take to be a good Dad? Patience and a good sense of humor. Love. Fun. A little bit of discipline. A lot of faith. And that's just the beginning. I see it every day.

Chase, thank you for being just the right daddy for my our babies. I watched Emma climbing all over you today, and I could see the love that was right there. And when Sarah needs something, she marches right over to "dad-doo" and grunts until you figure out just what it is she's trying to tell you. And you're never one to turn down a game of catch with Caleb.

You've inspired that boy to love baseball beyond what I could have ever imagined. And when he talks too much, you still listen.
I love you. I love watching you with the kids, throwing them around, tickling, wrestling (yes, even with the girls, even though it usually leads to someone crying!) letting Emma comb your hair, letting Sarah wake you up by a smack in the face (What she meant was Happy Father's Day, you know.)


Thank you for doing whatever it takes to take care of this family...jobs, school, never knowing what's coming next. We love you! I love you, Chase.





And there's another Dad I know who had many of those same qualities. Dad,


thanks for working so hard at home to give us so much. Thank you for watching all of those dance recitals, even when we were only on the stage for a combined total of 10 minutes! Thanks for making sure we had been to so many campgrounds in California! Because of you, I know how to tie a knot on a fishing line (it may not be right, but it'll get the job done), how to check the oil in my car, how build a toybox and use a table saw, and how knock out a wall (good to know, just in case!)



Thank you Dad, for always putting us first, even still. I know that whenever I call, you will be right there, eager to help. I love you, Dad.

1 comment:

grandma said...

That's very touching! Thanks, Carrie, for a tribute to dads.

Love,

Mom

Here's the latest from our family.