Monday, June 23, 2008

Chitty Chitty Bing Bing

Or is it Chitty Chitty Ding Dong?

That's the movie Emma wanted to watch this morning. Since they've been hooked on Annie for a couple of months now, Grandma Laurie thought they might like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. They didn't have time to finish it at her house, so we brought it home, and now we've got the new Annie. I have to say it is a lot more pleasant to listen to these movies over Dora for the umpteenth time. I think we'll go buy Mary Poppins next...any other suggestions?

I still do love this movie! I remember watching it as a kid, where my sister could sing every song and say every line before the characters did! It all came back to me as we watched it over and over. One night Chase even joined us and it was family Annie night. I love the part where they meet with the president and discuss the New Deal...the things that I never got when I was little!

Friday all three of them were watching Annie again, and even Sarah had her little lips in an "o" shape and was "singing" when they did The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow. It was too cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved Annie, I had a Annie doll with a locket that I could wear. I still have my Annie book that is falling apart from my love.

My kids love all the Shirley Temple movies, even though they can be hard to find.

Here's the latest from our family.