Monday, June 2, 2008

Baby in Red

I bought this cute little strawberry outfit for Sarah just for the top so she'd having something to wear under my favorite overalls of hers. But, we put the pants on her anyways. It's amazing how much bigger different sizes can be in the same brand! They were huge! They pulled all the ways up to her armpits. It was quite silly, quite fitting for my silly girl!


Sarah was having a great time playing on the grass. I was trying to get some pics of my other two, but they were too busy playing all over the place.

As I look at her, I see such a different little girl from the one that I held in my arms not so long ago.





Gone are the gummy grins that melted my heart every time I saw them.


Gone is that look in her eyes that just says I Love You when I would hold her close to nurse.


Gone are those teeny tiny diapers...now we're into the big sizes and they're not so cute at all!


Gone is the little blue newborn bathtub.


Gone are those precious, teensy little clothes that she wore in the winter!


Gone is the perfect skin, as there are new scratches on her face each day, and today the first "real" owie on her knee.


Gone is that newborn cry that was on my answering machine for six months. It was so hard to get a new phone because that little cry went with it.


Gone is the way she would sleep on my chest with that little baby bootie sticking straight up in the air...I loved that!





But what I've got now is a bright, blue-eyed beautiful, curious baby girl who is anxious and eager to experience everything. I fear she's growing up too quickly, as she already chooses her sister's toys over her own.





Though there are no words yet, she definitely makes her desires known through screaming, grunting, and her own little hand signals.




Here's a caterpillar we found in the flower box. I couldn't get a clear shot because someone kept grabbing the camera, then the caterpillar!




She's got so much ahead of her, and I am determined to enjoy it...I've learned how short it really is!



Emma loves to take care of her baby sister.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so true they grow so fast, when Conner turned 10 it was very emotional for me. I cried last week because Elizabeth won't be in Sparks anymore.

Emma and Sarah are such cute girls, I love hearing about Sarah's cute personality.

Here's the latest from our family.