Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Since I'm never in the pictures, and my mother in law was over, I asked for a family picture for my birthday. Here's the best we could get!

Flowers for my birthday!

Just the girls.

Yup, today is my birthday and I'm 32 years old. That used to sound so old. Well, it still does a little bit, but I look at everything that's in my life, particularly 3 kids and a husband who I've loved for 13 years (married to almost 10), and I feel like I have done so much in my 32 years. There's still so much I haven't done. I haven't traveled, except on our honeymoon to Jamaica. I've barely seen the U.S! Even though I went to school for what seemed like ever, and even teach it, there's an entire world of stuff I don't kow about! My husband knows so much about history, and I feel like I barely know the surface of what he is talking about. I know nothing about investing, except to put money in a savings account. I know little about politics.


But I know what's important.


I know how it feels to have three kids climb all over you and love you with their whole hearts.


I know what it's like to pour my whole heart into each of them.


I know what it's like to have a tiny little fist grasp my finger, and


I know what it's like to have sticky little fingers reaching for my face.


I know what it's like to burst with pride when I watch my children learn something new, whether it's learning to read, learning to write, or learning to walk.


I know that the time my kids are young is racing by me faster every day, and


I know that I need to savor it.


I know how much my parents loved me, and still do, and how much they gave up for me, because I know I now do the same for my own kids.

I know what it's like to watch a baby sleep and feel like my heart is spilling over with love. And I think I know it must be pretty close to the love that God feels towards me. And that's a lot to know.
So even though I may not know a lot in the ways of the world, I think I know what's important, and if that's what I've learned in my 32 years, I think I've done okay.

I love you mom, and thanks for this birthday!



Birthdy cake for mommy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am now crying! You were made to be a mom, that I know for sure. I am so blessed to have known you for...are you ready because this number means we are getting old... the past 20 years of my life. I have learned so much from you as a friend and I know you planted a seed in my salvation. Your love for the Lord is amazing and I am so blessed you shared it with me.

I also learned on of the most important lesson's in my life from you. Never judge a book by it's cover. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I had listened to the person who told me to not talk to you. I am so glad I walked up to the carrot headed girl reading Anne of Green gables at the bus stop. What a kindred spirit you have been and what messes you have put up with from me.

If I were there I wouldn't scream this in your ear but I would hug you and tell you I love you and you mean alot to me.

Love, Julie

Debbie said...

Okay Carrie, this brought tears to my eyes. Happy Birthday to you and thanks so much for sharing this post.

laura beth said...

carrie, your blog is wonderful. you have such a great family and your kids are incredible! i can't wait to see you all! my verification word to leave this comment is "choompha". isn't that funny?

Here's the latest from our family.