Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dancing with a Star!

My own little star had her very first dance recital a couple of weeks ago. Emma's been taking a dance class at preschool and she loves to come home and show us "her moves." As the session ended, they girls put on a performance for all of the parents. Watching her do those first tap shuffles and sashays were fun and sure did bring back memories. One of the songs they danced to was the Boogie Woogie Piggie, and I know I remember hearing that song back when I was taking those lessons! It was a joy to watch her perform, and my heart was bursting with pride for my big girl!

Here are the girls beginnig their number. Don't you love the costumes? Emma was supposed to wear her dance t-shirt, but insisted on wearing this dress instead. Makes for an interesting ensemble, doesn't it?


Working on some shuffles.


She's always got a smile while on stage!
She just can't wait to be a star!

I love this action shot!

So here she is, my own little dancing star!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It brings back memories of your dancing days. She is so cute, what a personality! I love the bottom one with the skirt way down and the dress. Hilarious

Here's the latest from our family.