Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Last night Chase and I took Caleb and Emma to see the circus for the first time. First off, I must say that I felt terrible leaving Sarah, but I thought she might get overwhelmed and cry, and then I'd miss most the show. So instead I got to hear her cry and cry once she figured out I was leaving. We're going through a terrible bout of separation anxiety, and it's as hard on me as it is on her, especially with the start of school right around the corner.

Anyway, back to the circus. Caleb and Emma were absolutely mesmerized by the whole experience. There was a "sky-rider" on a motorcycle that rode on a wire right above us, and I have to say that I was pretty astonished as well. Then there were the motorcycle riders that rode around in a sphere cage of steel. They fit seven bikes in this cage and it was so incredible! I mean, one second off on the timing and these guys (and one girl!) were in huge trouble. Caleb's eyes were "gi-normous" (his new favorite word).



I was wishing I had brought my new camera, I'm certain I could've gotten some awesome shots, but I didn't know if cameras were allowed inside and I didn't want to get to the door only to be told I couldn't bring it in. So, I'll just have to do with these pics I found on the internet.


Oh, I have to add that I think the most stressful job out there was that of the guys shoveling the mess the elephants left behind. And there was a ton! You'd think they could hold it for the ten minutes they're actually out there, but no, just like a kid, as soon as they can't go to the bathroom, guess what. You got it. I don't know if there was a single elephant who didn't leave a little "gift" for those shovelers.

And last, to say that my house is like a three-ring circus is no longer accurate. There's only one ring, and I think our house is much more chaotic!
So until next year, ladies and gentleman, children of all ages, enjoy each day and live your life because you are a part of...the greatest show on Earth!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We saw Ringling Bros. for the first time last year, my kids loved it. They wanted to go again this year but I think we will go next year instead.

Here's the latest from our family.