Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Big Bear




We had a fantastic weekend in Big Bear! Even though it was short, the kids made the most of their time by hanging out in the pool. They managed to go swimming five times in less than two days! We never even left the resort.






I think my favorite part was playing hide and seek indoors. Caleb and Emma love to hide and find each other, but when Caleb quit on Emma, I filled in for her. Only every time Sarah couldn't find me, she'd cry. And when she did see where I was hiding, she'd stand in fromt of the spot, point, and squeal excitedly. So then I tried to hide her with me, but she couldn't stop giggling and squealing, so it was pretty much a bust for me to hide.
Caleb has a new-found passion for playing basketball, and yes, that shot went in!
Emma had lots of fun jumping in, over, and over, and over!
Anyway, even if this was our only vacation, it was really nice to get away and just have family time without worrying about needing to do laundry, go to the grocery store, or clean up this and that.





I can't believe how quickly the last six weeks have passed. I only have two more weeks before I go back to school. I know it's going to be super tough on Sarah. She has definitely become attached and very clingy to me. We'll just have to adjust....poor girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like such a nice time, I am glad you got away. The summer has flown by :)

Debbie said...

Fun pictures Carrie. I still haven't even touched our Big Bear photos and I think we were there around the same time as you. I promised my dad they would go up ages ago. Maybe if I would get my "work" stuff done I could look at my own. Sigh....

Here's the latest from our family.