Saturday, July 12, 2008

Great Grandma's House


Last Tuesday we visited my Grandma, the kids' Great Grandma. My cousin, who lives in Texas, is out here on vacation with her four kids and no husband! Can you believe she drove from Texas, with four kids, the oldest 14 and the youngest 3, alone!! I can barely handle driving mine for forty-five minutes, let alone twenty hours!

Anyway, Caleb really had fun with his cousin Shea...or second cousin, however that works out. And it was fun to get all the kids together for some pictures.
Emma was helping Sarah walk through the yard. Sarah was feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the unfamiliar faces, I think, so she was clinging to her big sissy.


Grandma has an orange tree in the backyard and it still had oranges on it. I thought that was strange, since oranges are usually a winter fruit. Well, the kids picked some off and one of them peeled it...and there was this tiny little shriveled up piece of orange in there! (As I type this, I realize all of the great pics I could've taken with my new toy...Grandma...the orange tree...the shriveled up piece of orange!!)

Sarah stuck her thumb right into the middle of this thing, it was so soft and mushy!

Anyway, though it was a bit crazy with 7 kids and an immobile grandma (she hurt her leg and can't walk right now), it was great to see everyone.

No comments:

Here's the latest from our family.