Friday, August 1, 2008

A Beautiful Day





Hasn't the weather this summer been unusually great? I have been so pleased with these beautiful, sunny 80-degree days. I always used to say that we seemed to miss that fabled California weather...we went straight from June gloom to the July Heat Wave that lasted through September. But not this summer!




So today we went to Irvine Park, aka Pony Park in our house, one of the most beautiful parks I've seen in Orange County. We rode the train and the ponies, had an icee, played on the playground, watched birds and butterflies, and even made some new friends. What more could you ask for on a summer day?



I think Sarah was worried that the train would leave without me when I got out to take the picture!

Caleb was fascinated with these birds he spotted. One of them was taking a bath in the over-filled drinking fountain. The one above was actually pulling bugs out of the tree to eat. It was really pretty cool to watch.Which swing should I use?Sarah being silly!

And to Mom, hope your day was as good as ours! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have not been to that park in years, I should take my kids next time we come down. Looks like a wonderful day, I love the bird pictures those are great.

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness, such great photos, but the first photo in this shot is one of my favorites! Such a great capture!

Here's the latest from our family.