Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's coming to a close

I know that technically we are smack in the middle of summer, since it officially doesn't end until September 21st. But for me, the summer feels almost over. I go back to work in one week and I feel like I must scramble to squeeze in as much "summer fun" as possible these last few days with the kids. I feel like it's time I will never have again. Next year they'll all be a year older and things just won't be the same.



Caleb said softly to me last night, "I can't wait to start first grade," and the smile that hid behind his eyes just melted my heart. I am so glad to have a boy who loves school, loves books and reading, and is just so eager to learn. He is really such a sweet, sensitive kid, despite the mean streak that reveals itself every now and then (and who doesn't have that side now and then?)



Emma, too, is incredibly eager to go to kindergarten. She's trying so hard to read already and is so frustrated because she can't. I have a feeling she's going to be one of those quiet little girls at school who are always pleasing the teacher.



And Sarah? Well, at least we still have some time with this little baby before we need to think about school. First she's got to learn to talk! We hear a constant babbling of "uh-oh" and she knows ma-ma and da-da, (though she prefers to say da-da) and we think she's talking to Misha when she says da-gu (doggy?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is so hard for me to believe I will have a 3rd and 5th grader this year. It goes fast!

Enjoy the rest of this week and have some fun.

grandma said...

Great pictures!

Love,

Grandma

Debbie said...

Such cute pictures of the kids! I love this one of Emma. Her beauty just shines here. And I've noticed you are really working the rule of thirds in your composition... Is this on purpose? You're doing a great job of it! Sorry, technical photographer speaking here. :)

Here's the latest from our family.