Monday, May 5, 2008

What was I thinking?

I must have been a little bit crazy. We live near the Orange County Mining Company, and every time we pass by lately Chase has commented that he wants to eat there. The old building is kind of cool looking, and the kids always ask what it is (even though we always answer it's a restaurant, a nice one that we don't go to, they still ask). And, we had a coupon that gave us one free dinner. So we made a brave move and went there with all three kids.

The restaurant is near the top of a big hill and it overlooks quite a lot of the county. We could see Angel Stadium from there. The view was awesome. I wished I had left my camera in the car so I could show you all. The kids were excited because the whole place is decorated like an old mine. Apparently, there was really a silver mine underneath it long ago.

Caleb and Emma had been warned about using their quite voices and getting along, and I must say they were very well behaved. We got to sit at a table right by the window, so the kids were busy looking at everything going on below them. Caleb was confused about what to do with the cloth napkin. He didn't want it on his lap, it kept "bugging" him. Emma thought it was "a nice little blanket in case my legs get cold." They both gave us their big knives, because "those aren't safe for kids."
And they both ordered their old standby: chicken nuggets. Oh well.

Sarah was doing really good, until she threw her spoon down and we both bent down to get it at the same time and bumped heads. I didn't think it was that hard of a bump, but apparently she did, because that just set her off! Thankfully, we were more than half-way through, so I sat her on my lap, pushed my late as far as her little arms could reach, and amused her with the deocrative leaf of lettuce on my plate. She preferred to try to get her feet up on the table. Finally, she was pacified by me giving her "birdie drinks" of water through the straw (you know you hold the end of the straw and drop the water in).

So, we left without anyone requesting to move tables around us, everyone was full, and the kids got to experience a "nice" restaurant. All in all, it was a good night.

1 comment:

grandma said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed your "fine dining experience!

Grandma

Here's the latest from our family.