Monday, May 12, 2008

A Beautiful Day




Yesterday for Mother's Day I decided that as a mom, I wanted some time with my family. So we gave our gifts to our moms on Saturday, and I think they both understood why we weren't visiting on Sunday. After church on Sunday I wanted to order some pizza, take it to the park, and just have a relaxing afternoon. That is exactly what we did. We ate lots of pizza, drank the drink of the chosen ones- Dr. Pepper- (well, not for the kids), listened to our ipod on our cool new portable speakers, and just had some simple fun. Of course we couldn't have an afternoon without baseball, but we all played- even Sarah (yup, a one-year-old can play baseball with just a little help.) The best part of the baseball game was when Sarah stole second base, and Caleb got mad because there was "NO STEALING." He didn't like it that babies could break the rules.


Sarah was excited just to put the ball on the tee.




When Sarah and I got too hot and sweaty on the playground, it felt so good to just lay back on the blanket under a big tree and not worry about all of the things that were left undone at home. After a few hours, and with one exhausted baby, we headed home. Sarah took a nap, Caleb and Emma played together...it was really nice.


Down the hatch...with Sissy at the bottom to catch!




Finally, Chase went out to bring home dinner, because sometimes going out is just not as relaxing as it sounds. Afterwards, everyone pitched in to clean up the house, which even made it kinda fun. I am so grateful for each of my kids, especially my husband, and every blessing God has given us, from the job I have, to the home we live in, to our health, family, and good friends. I wish every weekend could be as relaxing as this one was!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like my kind of day, I am glad it was nice for you too! You can read about mine on my blog:)

Here's the latest from our family.