Monday, May 12, 2008

Coach Mommy


Yup, that's me pitching at Caleb's game. Why should Chase get all the glory? Saturday it was my turn to try my coaching abilities for Caleb's team. In honor of Mother's Day, all of the players' moms were invited to be coach for the day. I was a little nervous at first, but it was so important to Caleb, that how could I not? Plus, when my sister said she'd "pay money" to see me work the pitching machine, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to help earn a little for Emma's bike-a-thon fundraiser.



My boy making a catch on first!


So Saturday came and not only did I get to use the pitching machine, but I got to be an outfield coach, first base coach, and third base coach. It was fun to cheer for the players from the field, even more fun to not have to amuse Emma and Sarah (they're both a little over the games by this point in the season), and great to cheer for Caleb as he ran right by me!
Oh, and thanks, Dad, for the pictures. It was like I was you little girl again. I saw you out there with that camera around your neck snapping pictures of me and Caleb.
The new coaching staff...much better looking than the old group. (oh, that goofy guy waving his hands in the background is Caleb's "real" coach).

2 comments:

grandma said...

Well Carrie, you and Andrea will always be dad's little girls! You did a great job coaching.

Grandma

Unknown said...

Very cute, I love the pictures, I can just see your dad now.

Here's the latest from our family.