Friday, January 9, 2009

On my mind...

Well, today is the last (official) day of my three week long Christmas vacation (I know, I know, my job is too easy...just try it yourself sometime and you'll see why teachers have those vacations!)



Anyway, I had a wonderful three weeks with my family celebrating Christmas, seeing a good friend from Idaho, visiting DISNEYLAND, and even just taking my kids back and forth to school this week, a task I usually miss. It was all great. And it just reminds me how lucky I am to have all that I do. I love my family. I have thee BEST kids and the #1 husband. I have a secure job...and I love it, too! Chase finally seems to be out of jeopardy of his job being cut (though we can never be sure...). It's all just great.



So I didn't make any resolutions. Actually, I gave that up a few years back, because I found myself struggling to make myself do something that I really didn't want to do or that I just couldn't keep up with, and it just caused me more stress...so what's the point of that?



There are some things I do want to accomplish this year. I definitely need to get more regular at reading my Bible again. Quiet times have just been pushed too far aside. I want to continue to pursue my new photography hobby and get better with the great camera I have. I'd like to read a few books for pleasure...and maybe even one to learn something new! And I'd like to know a little more about world events going on me. On that last one, I've always told Chase that I prefer to live in the bliss of my ignorance regarding world events, but perhaps it's time I wake up and know a bit more about the world I live in. I'll make it my goal to look for the good, though, otherwise, it's back to my bubble (although I'm afraid once I come out of it, it's not possible to go back in.)



So I know this isn't my usual post with pictures of the kids, but I thought it was a good place to share my thoughts.



Oh, and just for laughs, we were going to Disneyland the other day and Caleb was reading all the signs around the parking structure entrance. Then he shouted, "Whoa, Mommy, don't get in that lane, it's the slow one. (The yellow diamond SLOW sign was just beside it!) Cracked me up!



Oh, and I posted an album of Christmas pictures on facebook. I think this link takes you too it, if I did it right! http://www.new.facebook.com/photos.php?id=1547361722

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do have a beautiful life. I used to be so into the world events but now have cut back on my tv viewing. I think it helps sometimes to not be led by the media. Good to know but sometimes detrimental.

Did you get to see Margaret? that is so cool! We have to make time to see each other soon.

BTW, did my Christmas card find you? I think I may have sent it to the wrong address. Let me know and I will resend the card and letter to the right address.

Here's the latest from our family.