Friday, January 9, 2009

The Bike Parade




I can't believe I forgot to post pictures of this! We live in the greatest neighborhood. The weekend before Christmas, Caleb was playing with one of his friends who asked Caleb if he was going to be in the bike parade. Caleb asked us if he could, and we were thinking "sure, you and your friends can parade up and down the street."



NOT!


This was a full-blown Christmas-lights-on-the-bike parade! Not one to be outdone, Chase quickly raced to Michael's in search of battery-powered Christmas lights (then raced to the drugstore for batteries- which ended up costing more than the lights!)



He and Caleb decorated all of our bikes, including the bike trailer for Emma and Sarah. What a sight! Now, the pictures don't really do it justice, as it was dark and I had my older camera with me (couldn't ride my bike with that big one around my neck!) It was awfully chilly, but everyone had so much fun. We rode through the neighborhood and stopped at several houses for treats. It was a great time to meet even more of our neighbors.


Here's Sarah trying to take baby Jesus from someone's display!


Like I said, I love our neighborhood. The people here are so friendly, and I can't remember ever living somewhere before where I knew so many people. We are so richly blessed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You do have a great neighborhood. I wish we could find one like that. Looks like a lot of fun and the kids look like they had a blast.

Here's the latest from our family.