Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Performances

I love vacations! I was lucky enough to have this whole week off for Thanksgiving, so I got to participate in Emma's and Caleb's Thanksgiving celebrations at school.  Emma was part of the 1st grade feast and I volunteered to help set things up. Then today Caleb was in TWO different performances,one for 2nd, and one for 3rd since he's in the combo class.  Although going into yet another classroom is not always my first choice of how to spend my time off, how can I resist when it's my own kids' classes?




The first graders did a crazy relay and had a great time doing it. And the feast was filled with delicious treats!


But what surprised me the most was hearing Caleb actually recite some poems with his class! Speaking in front of others is not something that comes naturally for him, but he did a great job today!

Okay, I tried really hard to figure out how to post the video of him doing the poem, but am stumped, the video link is gone!  So if you want to see it, you'll have to check on Facebook instead.




1 comment:

grandma said...

Looks like they both had a fun day and you were there to enjoy it too!

Grandma

Here's the latest from our family.