Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fun, fun, fun!

Last weekend my "little boy" turned eight years old! The same little boy who couldn't stand knit caps now has a collection of baseball caps. The little boy who had an arm to throw that pacifier with now throws pitches every weekend. The little boy who once hid behind a tree at the park and cried when I tried to introduce him to his new baseball coach now checks in with that same coach for pitching advice. And the little boy that I held in my arms late at night on November 1, 2001 now takes off out of the house almost before I can say good-bye.

That's not to say he's all grown up. He still can't keep his room clean or keep track of his clothing (though come to think of it, I think that's true with many grown-up men I know as well!). But he's flying through school at astounding speed, learning things left and right. All in all, he's a pretty good kid...and I'm proud to still be his Mommy, the one who still prays and sings with him each night. (And every night, I wonder how much longer it will last...)

Okay, now here's the fun stuff. On his birthday we had family over, and he got a hunting game for the Wii where you shoot ducks and other things on the screen. And guess who got the high score for Round 1....GRANDMA!! Here's are some of the reactions of that mighty accomplishment!








And I can't forget a few pics of the birthday bash itself!















Isn't he cute?

Here's the latest from our family.