Sunday, October 18, 2009

Baseball









So, Caleb is now playing in his fifth season of baseball. He started out in Pony ball when he was just five, still in preschool! Then he played in kindergarten, and liked it so much that he did fall ball in first grade. Then came spring ball again, and every season he's gotten better and better, but we wanted to make sure he tried out more than just baseball. So Chase had convinced him to give flag football a try, which he agreed to. After the first practice, though, the whole thing was cancelled (lack of $$) so he managed to squeeze back into baseball. And I'm so glad he did!

Although it takes up a good portion of each Saturday, I love to watch those games. I don't mean to brag, but he's great out there...and that boy can throw a ball! He's an awesome pitcher, mostly getting 3 strikeouts every inning. And the faces he makes...priceless.

And the past two weeks have been awesome, a home run each game!





Look at that running!




Those are Chase's legs, right in front of the daring slide into home. (I always ask Chase to move over, but this is what I end up with!)

Now I know that the chances of succeeding in the Big Leagues are slim, and the odds are always against you, but I would not be the least bit surprised if someday, Chase and I sat up in the stands of some stadium and watched our boy play ball!

No comments:

Here's the latest from our family.