Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Fresh New Year






To me the New Year doesn't really start in January. It starts in September. (Well, August now since everything has backed up.) Every year I have the opportunity for a new beginning at work. A fresh new group of smiling faces (mostly smiling) always makes me hopeful that I can teach them something new. And now with Caleb and Emma in school, it's the time of year where they both move up at the same time. Birthdays are scattered throughout the year, and in January I feel more of that post-Christmas sadness that it's a whole year away till next Christmas, it's a fresh new start filled with resolutions.







So here are my kiddos on their first day of school, which I must admit I missed, as it was also my first day of school. They're both in combo classes this year, which is a backhanded compliment that says "hey, your kid is good and caught up so we're gonna let them work on their own" but I can't complain, because that's what I taught last year!



1 comment:

grandma said...

The kids look cute ready to start school and Sarah always looks cute. I know they'll have a great year!
Love you all,
Grandma

Here's the latest from our family.