Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ride 'Em Cowgirl!

Howdy cowgirl!


Emma's big day is coming up the weekend after next. Here she is posing for me before we went to have "real" pictures taken. (Though from what I saw, these are just as good!)










This girl is one of a kind. She loves to draw and do art work. In fact, she started an art class today that's all about learning how to draw. She seemed to do quite well...but that's not what this is about. Look at that charming smile. What a girlie girl!






She seemed to have so much fun in her dance class and made a couple good friends, really nice girls, yet she wants to quit because "the ballet shoes are too hard on my feet." I'm not sure if I'll be able to coax her into staying with it or not, but I hope so, because it's so good for her to be involved in something.



The last day of kindergarten was last week. I can't believe that I now have two children past kindergarten! She's reading, really reading, and I couldn't be more proud of her school accomplishments. I am so lucky that school has come pretty easily for the first two. Of course having a great teacher like Miss Lawson helped!

It still amazes me just how quickly they change. My first baby girl has turned in to a big-sister-mommy, true helper, little reader, mostly charming young lady. I am so blessed!


Oh, I found this one on my sister's facebook profile, from her wedding. It just seemed like it would fit here with this little description of Emma...we've come so far!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love hearing about Emma. I always love seeing her pics, they are always so cute. Her little outfit is darling on her. Sounds like she has done well this year.

Debbie said...

First of all, Emma is ADORABLE in that costume. Absolutely cute and your photos are awesome. I can't imagine the "real" photos are any better.

Love the wedding pic at the end. Classic.

Oh, and great shot of your three in your banner!

Hope you are having a fantastic summer!

Here's the latest from our family.