Saturday, June 20, 2009

"Big Gul Bed"

Bye, bye, crib!

Hello, new bed!

Here it is, our now thrice used toddler bed, new to Sarah, which officially moves her status from "baby" to "big gul." We made the switch last weekend, and she was so excited. Actually, all of them were super excited for her.



When bedtime rolled around, she climbed in and let Caleb and Emma spread out her covers.


Then Caleb read everyone a story.


And she was ready to sleep, right next to big sis Emmy.


Finally lights were out, and Sarah's words were "No, want Mommy bed." And now begins the up and down time, getting babies, dropping her num-num (pacifier, yeah I know, she should be past it...one step at a time here) and retrieving it, and peeking out the door looking for Daddy. I had to sit next to that little bed, in the dark, putting her back into bed, for about 45 minutes, but finally, she fell asleep.


Before I went to bed I snuck in to snap a picture, but darn those little cameras, I couldn't get anything without the flash, and with it it looks like daylight! But trust me, it was 11:00 at night in this one, Perhaps I'll turn on the nightlight and try with my other camera, but it seems a lot of work to snap one picture of two girls sleeping in bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did a great job writing this one. I can just see you sitting on the floor getting her to bed.I love that Caleb read them a Biscuit book.

Here's the latest from our family.