Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This Christmas, I really wanted to make the year enjoyable. I wanted to have time to spend with the kids, just doing nothing if we chose. To do that, though, I had to scale back a bit. So I haven't baked quite as many cookies as usual. And I didn't write Christmas cards.  And I bought a few less gifts (well, that was the planned, but there's a mountain hiding in my closet!) And I did most of my shopping online, which really saved a lot of time.

It worked, though, and I haven't felt the need to run around crazily during this last week's rush. Last rainy Saturday we had fun in the house, and even took a rainwalk.


 We spent a day at the snow. We cuddled up and watched Elf together. Emma and I saw The Princess and the Frog, and yesterday, the girls and I went to Disneyland. So I'd say my plan worked, but I'm still feeling a little bad about the whole cards thing. So I decided to write my "Christmas letter" here, and even add a few pictures to go with it! I realized in doing this, though, that those of you who actually read my blog have really been able to keep up with us this whole year, and in that case, the letter's not even necessary.

Nevertheless, here I go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am doing the same thing this year! We scaled back big time and it has been nice. In fact, I haven't even baked yet!

Here's the latest from our family.