Monday, November 17, 2008

Most of our nights look....

like this.

Now that the time has changed and it's dark by 5:00, we've fallen into a new routine. When Chase and I get home the kids are begging to go outside, so usually they head over to a friend's house or we all go out to play. But before you know it, it's getting dark, so we come inside, work on homework as I cook dinner, then settle in to play dollhouse, read books, or video games (mostly for Caleb and Daddy). By 7:00 it's bathtime, teeth time, and bedtime at 8:00. (And then I collapse on the couch and doze off, pretending to watch TV!)



Tonight Chase was at a baseball game and the kids were all in the same room playing dollhouse. This dollhouse was a Christmas gift for Emma last year and has been played with every day since last Christmas. She loves it so much! And Sarah has become quite fascinated with it now, too, watching Emma play and learning how to make the people interact. I love watching how she makes the people move and play, carefully maneuvering each one into the correct spot and getting so frustrated when her little hands just can't make the doll do what she wants it to do.



As we were all playing, Caleb wanted me to read the Jingle Bells book, and before I knew it, an impromptu round of Christmas caroling ensued!
As we were singing, I just knew I had to catch it, because I know how fast these days go by, and I'm trying my hardest to savor them.

No comments:

Here's the latest from our family.