Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School


My middle baby started kindergarten last week. She was so eager to go and had such a great time. In fact, when I asked her how her day was, she said it was good, "But I just wish I could stay longer!" So do I!!



Caleb is doing great in first grade. One of his good friends from the neighbohood is in his class, so he was pretty excited about that. And boy, he's starting to take off in reading! I'm so proud of him and the fact that he has such a desire to read. Last night he read every one of our 10 phonics beginner books...good thing I have easy access to lots more!

Sarah is just as crazy as ever! She's getting bigger and more feisty. Her hair is getting longer and wilder. And she got new shoes tonight, in fact everyone got two new pairs. (Thanks Payless and your BOGO sale!) She liked them so much that she wore them both home: one of each! Wish I had a picture to share of that one!

I know I haven't been posting so often lately, but going back to school has kept me so busy, and tired by the time I reach the end of the night.

Last week we were dealing with a sick baby. Last Wednesday Sarah had a fever, but I thought it'd pass. The next day she was a bit listless, and that night she was burning up. It reached 104.8! I've never seen a temp that high before, so I called the nurse line. She reassured me, but warned if it got any higher, we needed to go to the ER. Thankfully with some motrin, it was down to 103 a couple hours later. But Friday it was back, it was just off and on over the next day too, and then Saturday she had a rash all over her face. Early Sunday we went to Urgent Care, to be told only that it was an ear infection, and the rash was from the fever. Poor baby...it looked so bad. It took until Tuesday for her to really look normal again, but thankfully now everything's better.

Well, it's time to wind down for me. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew you were busy with school, but I have been anxiously awaiting first day pics. Sweet Emma, she looks so precious. I knew she would love school.

Caleb looks more like Chase by the day, he is getting so big. Conner is now eye level with me and it is so hard to believe he is in fifth grade. I also can't believe E is in third grade. Time flies,when having fun.

Conner used to get such high fevers, one time he hit 105. Everytime he got sick low was 101, we could feel the heat radiating off his head and body. We always put him in a lukewarm tub, alternated Motrin and Tyenol and layed him in a diaper on a sheet. This was standard procedure until he finally outgrew the fevers about age 6.

Here's the latest from our family.